PO – 33wks

We’re heading toward the end of September, and tomorrow is my birthday – which is the one year anniversary of the day that I finally got brave, and discussed with my Wife that I wanted to go ahead with my weight-loss journey, and she declared that she would fully support me.
(and she has…)

What a year its been!!

Below is the usual list of ‘dinners’ that I’ve had over the last however long…
Following that is a rundown of my usual daily activities.

Monday – out to dinner (took yoghurt+muesli)
Tuesday – soup
Wednesday – fish
Thursday – yoghurt and muesli
Friday – lamb + yoghurt and muesli
Saturday – bog + yoghurt
Sunday – scrambled eggs

Monday – fish pie
Tuesday – carbonara (vomited) / yoghurt
Wednesday – soup
Thursday – savoury mince
Friday – soup
Saturday – carne & mash
Sunday – soup

Monday – yoghurt + muesli
Tuesday – yoghurt + muesli
Wednesday – fish pie
Thursday – yoghurt + muesli
Friday – fish pie
Saturday – scramblers
Sunday – swamp food

Monday – soup
Tuesday – loaded tato
Wednesday – soup
Thursday – spinach & ricotta cannelloni
Friday – soup
Saturday – chicken bites
Sunday – chicken and mushrooms

Monday – cr steak & pasta
Tuesday – fish (Kairi)
Wednesday – chicken curry
Thursday – out for dinner. #fail
Friday – spag bog mince
Saturday – nachos
Sunday – soup

Monday – frittata
Tuesday – soup (vomited)
Wednesday – cheese, crackers, yoghurt and muesli
Thursday – loaded tato
Friday – chicken bites and projelyo
Saturday – wedding / soup


Monday – took Noah(our bus) in to get the wiring done for the maxxfan.
Sat at a cafe for two hours – read and wrote.
Did laundry.
Went to the GP and he’s arranged for me to get some bloods done.
We had a good chat.
Went for a walk to the end of our street.
Felt good and strong.

Went out to dinner.
Took some yoghurt and muesli after vomiting at our last meal out!

Tuesday – quick trip to the next town over to get some stuff we needed to pick up, so I took the bus for a run.
Made sauerkraut.
GardenGuy worked.

Wednesday – a beautiful sunny day.
I got some weeding and mowing done.

Thursday – lovely cold morning.

Visited my friend L and collected some gardening stuff she was getting rid of.

Friday – Dishes, laundry, and updating a pile of websites was the majority of today.

Saturday – had an awesome morning of working in the paddock.

Sunday – We went for a drive to all (3) of the nurseries.
Went to the Lake for a burger and chips lunch.

Monday – took the bus for a spin to one of the next towns over to do some grocery shopping.
Freezing cold and overcast at home.

Did the laundry, made chook and dog food, menu-planned and vacuumed the house.

Tuesday – hugely busy day starting with early fasting blood tests.
Cleaned the kitchen shelving, decluttering, cleaning and putting back only the necessities.

GardenGuy and his wife came.

My wife kindly bought home a Carbonara for dinner, but after two small mouthfuls it felt too oily in my belly, so I skipped having any more and just had a bit of yoghurt, but it was too late…
In short order I started to feel nauseous and before long it came back up again and I ended up vomiting numerous times.

Wednesday – did a recycles and rubbish dump run.

Spent almost two hours in the vegie garden composting, planting some starts, watering and mulching.

Thursday – dropped off a huge bag to vinnies.

Did some tidying of the house-yard and enjoyed an audiobook.
Tomorrow I’ve got lunch with the ex-colleague crew.

Friday – woke to rain again this morning, so I got the laundry and webwork done early in the day, then off to have lunch with the ex-colleagues crew.

I got a toasted ham and cheese but could only eat a 1/4 of it.

In the afternoon I made some satay and cleaned the windows in and out.

Saturday – managed to get out during the squalls to prune some branches off the lillipillis.
Finished cleaning the rest of the windows in and out.

Sunday – our middle son dropped in for a quick visit this evening as he arrived up from Adelaide today.
Was lovely to be able to hug him.

Monday – during breaks in the weather I did the mowing of the houseyard and about 1/3 of the paddock.

Our son dropped over and spent a couple of hours discussing nutrition and physicality with me.
It was really interesting and not only did I learn a lot, but it gave me much to think on.
I reallllly like that kind of learning!

Tuesday – did some more planting this morning, while the laundry was on.
Got a FaceTime call from our youngest daughter and her girls while I was gardening which was a nice surprise.

Collected a parcel of some new pages for my planner.
My friend LC came over for a cuppa and a catch-up and I always enjoy that.
Did some potting-up of indoor plants during the afternoon also.

Had a lovely dinner with our son, daughter-in-law and grandson.

Wednesday – a pretty big day!
Dropped Wife off to head to Bris for a work conference.
GardenGuy came and whipper-snipped.
Washed our sheets.
The excavator / landscaping spread some dirt for out new garden beds, and delivered a nice big load of wood-chip.

Thursday – early rise and got most of the morning chores done by the time our son came in for breakfast.
Got some computer work done.
Quiet night enjoying being alone in silence for the first time in over 2 days.

Friday – vacuuming and mopping the floors, as well as chatting to Mr & Mrs GardenGuy.
Reading and computer work.
Wife back from Conference, where she won a few Awards, and much acclaim.

Saturday – took a run in the bus to coles in the next town over.

Bought an adjustable kettle-bell

Sunday – our youngest grandsons birthday and fathers day all rolled into one.
A ‘last supper’ dinner for our son and his wife, as they leave to go back to their home in South Australia on Tuesday.

Monday – online grocery order.
Bedding blankets washed.
Our son and daughter-in-law came over after my wife got home from work, to say their goodbyes.

Tuesday – started planting out in one of the new beds.
Formulite order arrived.
Did the ‘Containers for Change’ run.

Wednesday – quiet day today after yesterday big effort of fruit-tree planting.

Did housework, unpacked and put away the Formulite supplies, vacuumed the house and dusted.

Thursday – took the bus for a drive to the next town over to go to coles and did a big buy-up of all my ‘special foods’ so I shouldnt have to go back for a couple of weeks now I don’t think.

Friday – did laundry.
Majority of the day doing ‘life admin’ jobs, including the working out of a revised budget.

Saturday – pulled everything out of the main freezer and went through it all and took out the old food.
Cooked the meat up for the dogs and the vegies for the chickens.

Sunday – worked in the garden in the morning.
Catch-up tv in the afternoon.

Monday – did an early morning grocery order, which I picked up when I went into town to have a cuppa with my Wife.
A sweet lil sorta date!

Truck dropped off the reinforcing mesh order.
Cooked up dog food, did the laundry and folding, and cleaned out our junk ‘drawer’.

Rosemary planted the veg garden.

Dietician appointment tomorrow.

Tuesday – shit nights sleep last night.
Down the hill to the city this morning for a mid afternoon dietician appointment.

Went to the hairdresser and got my hair cut to just above my shoulders!!
Going from below my bum to above my shoulders is a big leap!

The appt with the dietician went well.

Wednesday – grocery trip, life admin, and the cavalier dog to the vet to have her steroid injection and nails cut.

Thursday – huuuuge day!
Cut up reinforcing mesh.
Mowed the paddock, snipped the house yard, cooked some food for the animals.
Had a visit from my friend LC.
Went out for dinner – not fun tbh.

Friday – coffee date at home with a lady I used to work with.

Did laundry, finished mowing the paddock and the house-yard.

Saturday – took the bus for a drive.
Our young friend came for a drive and we had a coffee (her) and cake at one of the cafes.

Sunday – drive to the city to meet our son at the airport,

Nice hot shower for each of us when we got home, then an easy dinner of soup from our homemade shelf stock.
The end of another week already!
Time goes sooo bloody fast…

Monday – cold wet rainy miserable day!
Did laundry and general post-weekend cleaning.
Quiet day.

Tuesday – in the bus with my friend L to coles and have lunch together.

Wednesday – in the garden weeding and tidying and watering.
Garden Guy came and spread some mulch in the veg garden pathways for me.

Trip to the post office to collect a bari journal that I had ordered. .
On going through it and reflecting on my journey so far, I’ve decided I won’t use it quite yet, but may use it if I need to ‘reset’ at some point.
For the time being though, I don’t feel like it would be a useful addition to my days, and would just be a ‘to-do’ that I don’t need to add to my days right now.

Thursday – early morning grocery order for a midday pickup.
Worked in the garden from mid-morning until it was ready for collection.
Cooked dog food, and poached some chicken breasts.
Did a bunch of computer / web work, and set up a new time-management app.
Lovely warm sunny classic Spring day!

Friday – in to the second hand shops looking for some yard-work shirts, but only found one – which was a bit disappointing.
I then spent most of the rest of the day in the garden doing tidying and repotting.
It’s been another day of gorgeous weather.

Saturday – my gorgeous dogs birthday!!
She’s seven now…

Had to attend the wedding of a work colleague, and missed our nieces wedding as a result.
Cold, blustery, raining and a meal that was almost two hours late.
Not great tbh!

Sunday – did some garden and general property tidying, watched some tele and got a few inside jobs done.
Went into town to get medications from the pharmacy.
A slow day.

Weight-loss to date: 28.7kg

Published by Sarah

Please leave me a message!